2015 was a great year for Publix! First, we had the chance to celebrate our 85th anniversary as a company. We also received a number of accolades from different organizations who recognized Publix’s efforts as an employer, for delivering great customer service and satisfaction, and as an industry leader. The recognition is thanks to the hard-work and commitment of our 180,000 associates who work for the company in more than 14,000 thousand positions in our support areas, and in more than 1,115 stores in our six-state footprint. Below are some of our exciting recognized achievements in 2015:
- named as one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” (for the 18th consecutive year – one of only three companies able to make that claim)
- received the Safe Quality Foods Achievement Award for Manufacturer of the Year
- listed as one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes magazine
- recognized as inaugural winner of Glassdoor.com’s “Candidates’ Choice Awards” for positive interview experience.
- ranked America’s Largest Majority Employee-Owned Company by the National Center for Employee Ownership
- listed among the country’s favorite supermarkets by Marketforce.com
- ranked among the top 10 companies in the nation in the Harris Poll Reputation Quotient.
- rated No. 1 in the Temkin Customer Experience Ratings
- ranked No. 2 on Siegel+Gale’s Global Brand Simplicity Index
- recognized as one of FORTUNE’s Most Admired Companies
- named as one of the Most Reputable Companies in the U.S. by Reputation Institute
- named 34th among the 2015 Exceptional 100 Companies by Deloitte University Press
- recognized as a North American Best in Business for our hiring, training and supporting people with disabilities by Ruderman Family Foundation.
- ranked 101 on FORTUNE magazine’s annual list of FORTUNE 500 companies and
- named the top-ranked supermarket in the country based on a survey of food bloggers and readers of TheDaily Meal.
In addition to earning company-wide recognition, we’ve had the honor of celebrating numerous individual achievements as well, such as:
- Publix truck drivers took first place in the Florida State Truck Driving Championship
- Publix Decorator Donna Barley was crowned champion of this year’s International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association’s (IDDBA) 20th annual Cake Decorating Challenge
- Publix’s annual service awards recognized more than 15,500 associates celebrating a five-year-increment anniversary in 2015, including nearly 3,000 with 20 or more years of service with Publix and
- on August 5, Bob, a Front Service Clerk at Publix became an internet sensation in a “Mr. George” kind of way.
There were more exciting developments and achievements in 2015, but the above are some of the highlights. Suffice it to say, it was another stellar year for the nation’s largest employee owned company. Tell us which among these you think are most impactful, and feel free to add any others you think are worth mentioning.
We have launched our new Publix Jobs Center for all of our Distribution, Manufacturing, Industrial Maintenance, Corporate Office, and Information Technology job postings! As of today, all new job postings will be posted in the New Publix Jobs Center on our website. The jobs that were posted on our Original Publix Jobs Center will remain posted in the original system until they’re filled.
What’s so great about the new system? Let me fill you in.
For External Applicants
- As an external applicant, you can connect your LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter accounts to sign in to the system and parse information into your account profile. You can also share job postings to your social media accounts to help us spread the word about all of the opportunities we have available at Publix.
- If you don’t want to apply for a job but want us to have access to your resume information, you can drop your resume off by clicking on the “Submit resume/CV” link on the log in page.
For Internal Applicants
- If you’re an internal applicant, you can log in to the system using your Publix user ID and password (same log in as PASSport).
For All Applicants
- When you add information into your account profile, the information can be pulled into each application you submit so that you don’t have to reenter it.
- You can create multiple job search agents that will automatically search for jobs in the system. When jobs are posted that match your search criteria, you’ll receive an email notification. Be sure to apply for those jobs right away because the job postings may be removed quickly.
- You can save and use up to five different resumes for customizing your submission for each job you apply to.
How do you get started? That’s a great question. It’s as easy as one, two, three.
- Visit the Publix Jobs Center on our website.
- If you’re a Publix associate, use the links within the Publix Associate If prompted, log in using your Publix user ID and password. If you’re not a Publix associate, use the links within the Non-Associate row. Create your user name and password in the new system. If you forget your login information, use the links on the log in page.
- Click on the “Edit your profile” link from you personal account to enter your information or get started with your job search by clicking on “Search openings.”
There is a big change from the original system that you need to be aware of. Once you submit an application on the new system, and you’re found to meet the required qualifications of the job, you’re going to receive email communications from Publix. Emails will contain instructions that you MUST complete in order for your application to move forward to additional screening steps. These steps must be followed for each application you submit. If you have applied on the new site, please check your email, including your spam folder, daily for any communication from Publix!
Leave questions or comments on this blog. Otherwise – start your search now by visiting our website!
Are you meticulous and hard-working with a keen attention to detail? A grocery clerk job with Publix may be perfect for you! It is the entry level position in the Grocery Department. Associates in this role are responsible for stocking assigned sections of the store and making sure their area is immaculate, you know, up to Publix standards.
This post is updated frequently to lists the cities in which we have critical openings for Grocery Clerks. Read on and be sure to bookmark this page to check back as the list of cities will change over time. Before reviewing the cities with grocery clerk job openings, check out what some of our own Grocery Clerks have to say about this position.
“I enjoy my many different daily tasks, from stocking shelves to taking the time to lend an ear to a customers who consider Publix to be their extended home away from home!”
“A typical day for me is organizing the products on the shelves and stocking what needs to be filled. I enjoy working for Publix. Its decent pay for the job required and offers many benefits.”
“Great people and atmosphere, but definitely hard work is required to succeed.”
“This department (and all of Publix for that matter,) is a great place to launch a career and a great opportunity to advance within a great organization.”
Have we sold you on this super entry level job? If so, check the cities below which have critical openings we need to fill urgently.
Alabama: Spanish Fort
Florida: Destin, Holly Hill, Melbourne, Ocoee, Ormond Beach, Orlando, Panama City Beach Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, Sandestin, Santa Rosa Beach, St. Augustine, Windermere, Winter Garden
Georgia: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Brunswick, Buford, Cumming, Decatur, Flowery Branch, Johns Creek, Port Orange, Savannah, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Watkinsville
South Carolina: Anderson, Beaufort, Bluffton
Tennessee: Brentwood, Mount Juliet
If your city is among those listed, what are you waiting for? Head to your favorite Publix there and apply! Still need more information about working for the nation’s largest employee owned company? For all the details on benefits, career paths, and more by visiting publix.jobs.