Finding the right job can be tricky, especially if you don’t know how to get started. So this year, we’re featuring a series of articles to help you discover more career opportunities at Publix and improve your resume and cover letter. We’ll give you a number of tips for snagging your dream job.
First things first — do you know how to find career opportunities and resources at Publix? If not, you’re missing out on a few great resources that will be of tremendous help as you get started.
- Publix Careers Website — publix.jobs
- Publix Careers Facebook — facebook.com/publixcareers
- Publix Careers Job Match — corporate.publix.com/careers/applicant-resources/job-match
- Publix Jobs Blog — blog.publix.com/careers
- Publix Super Markets LinkedIn — linkedin.com/company/publix-super-markets/careers
- Publix Jobs Twitter — twitter.com/publixjobs
We’ll reference these resources throughout the year, so familiarize yourself with the websites or bookmark the links as a reminder to continue growing your career. Now for some easy tips to help get you started.
- Narrow your search — What kind of job are you looking for? You don’t have to figure out the exact job you’d be perfect for right now, but at least determine what departments interest you — and the Publix Careers Job Match can help you do that. Hiring managers can see what positions you’ve applied for in the past, and applying for similar positions helps them understand your interest level in that field.
- Determine if you meet the qualifications — Only apply for positions you’re truly qualified for, but don’t give up on those you aren’t qualified for just yet. Talk to your manager about the training or skills you need to gain that can help you meet the requirements in the future.
- Identify what additional value you offer — Take a good look at your work history, skills and interests, and compare your list to the job description you’re interested in applying for. Determine any additional skills you bring to the table that aren’t required but could have a positive impact on the position.
- Customize your resume and cover letter — Submitting a customized resume and cover letter is essential for helping hiring managers decide whether they’d like to interview you. If your cover letter speaks directly to the position and your related skills, it will be more effective than a cover letter that’s generic enough to use for any job. Be honest on your resume, and be more detailed on the information that relates to the particular position you’re applying for.
- Be patient — It takes time for hiring managers to review the applications they receive, so be patient! Your application status will be updated as the next steps are made. Choosing the right candidates to interview is an intensive process, so allowing the hiring manager time to make the best decisions for Publix is crucial.
There are many great opportunities at Publix and we’re here to get you ready for yours! So keep an eye out next month for more tips on building your career here.