Today’s business-savvy students are getting noticed by companies and colleges through programs like DECA — which Publix supports.
Founded in 1946, DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in fields like marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Since 2008, Publix has awarded 63 scholarships of $1,000 each to associates involved in DECA. The scholarships are based on Publix experience, scholastic record, DECA activities, leadership ability and community involvement, as judged by DECA.
Let’s hear it for this year’s scholarship recipients!
- Cashier Jonathan Bennett #1370, Chelsea, Alabama
- Cashier Loren Bentley #1544, Apex, North Carolina
- Customer Service Staff Brandon Brenner #637, Coconut Creek, Florida
- Cashier Mia Dina #1514, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Cashier Alexis Hebron #1068, Pembroke Pines, Florida