For many of us, it’s difficult to stop what we’re doing and drink water whenever we get thirsty. Maybe you’re busy helping customers, and it’s hard to get away for a sip or two. Some of us don’t drink enough water because we don’t like the taste of it. Whatever your reason, use these tips to help you plan for and sneak water into your day.
- Grab a cup of water as soon as you wake up.
- Drink 8 ounces of water every time you go to the restroom and at the beginning of your meal break.
- Hydrate with a bottle of water on the drive to and from work.
- Sip a cup of warm water with lemon and herbs to wind down at night.
- Replace one soft drink (regular or diet) per day with a glass of water.
- Try unsweetened, flavored sparkling water to add some fizz.
- Add lemon or lime for flavor, or infuse your water with fruit and herbs.
- Use frozen fruit in place of ice cubes.
- Eat water-filled fruits and vegetables like lettuce, watermelon, broccoli and grapefruit.
Sources: mayoclinichealthsystems.org, webmd.com
How do you infuse water?
It’s super easy! Just slice up some of your favorite fruit and add it to a bottle or pitcher of water. You also can add herbs like basil or mint. Then, let it sit for about 5 minutes. The flavors from the fruit and herbs will combine with the water for a tasty twist.