Companies and colleges are noticing business-savvy students who take charge of their academic and professional careers through programs like DECA — which is supported by Publix.
Founded in 1946, DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in fields like marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Let’s hear it for this year’s scholarship recipients!
- Cashier Madeline Heise, #568, Coral Springs, Florida
- Front Service Clerk Nathan Powers, #1291, Byron, Georgia
- Cashier Mara Rodriguez, #627, Tampa, Florida
- Cashier Adriana Teta, #565, Suwanee, Georgia
- Front Service Clerk Kyle Wood, #549, Coral Springs, Florida
Since 2008, Publix has awarded 58 scholarships of $1,000 each to associates involved in DECA. The scholarships are based on Publix experience, scholastic record, DECA activities, leadership ability and community involvement, as judged by DECA.