When we work together to continue to make Publix a great place to work and shop, everyone benefits. By following the Code of Ethics, we know we are providing premier service to our customers, fellow associates, suppliers and communities.
Do your part
You represent Publix with each decision you make and every interaction you have at work. Be mindful by
- answering your customers, co-workers and managers honestly
- providing premier customer service
- looking out for the safety of everyone in your work area
- using Publix resources only to conduct company business
- building and maintaining strong professional relationships with our suppliers and always complying with Publix’s standards and the laws that govern supplier relationships and
- treating others with dignity and respect.
It’s the right thing to do
Review Publix’s Summary of the Code of Ethics, for guidelines on doing the right thing. When trying to decide if something goes against Publix policies, the law or the Code of Ethics, ask yourself the following questions.
- Is it legal?
- Does it comply with our values?
- If you do it, will you feel bad?
- How will it look in the media, online or in the newspaper?
If you know it’s wrong, don’t do it. If you’re not sure, ask. Keep asking until you get an answer. If you’re aware of an action that violates our Code of Ethics, it’s your responsibility as an associate and stockholder to report it.
You can talk to your manager or call the Publix Ethics Line toll-free at 1-866-747-3773 to report unethical behavior. Calls to the Ethics Line are confidential, and you can remain anonymous. So do the right thing — for yourself and Publix.
To review the Summary of the Code of Ethics, visit publix.org and log in to PASSport.