Peanut butter and jelly is a beloved snack that satisfies your sweet tooth and your salty cravings all in one bite. Even better, it’s easy to make and is a favorite with children and adults alike. When it comes to this popular sandwich some like their peanut butter smooth while others like it crunchy ― everyone has a preference. However you like to eat your PB&J, we want to introduce you to a few new ways to enjoy this versatile snack on any day.
10 Twists on a Classic
1. Peanut butter is great, but have you ever tried an alternative like almond butter? Give it a shot, then try a few more like cashew and sunflower butters, too.
2. Grape jelly may be your go to, but why not try others like raspberry, blackberry, strawberry or apple? Marmalade flavors like orange and grapefruit are an appetizing change from your regular flavors. Take your taste buds on a new adventure.
3. Fresh fruit is a tasty alternative to jelly. Try cut bananas or apples, raisins, or berries of your choice on your sandwich. It’s delicious!
4. Adding honey or even marshmallow fluff is a sweet addition. Be sure to stop by the Publix Bakery to pick the perfect bread for your spread.
5. If you’re a fan of food from the county fair, think about frying your PB&J and sprinkling it with powdered sugar. For another sweet take, try our Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie. You’re sure to love it!
6. If frying is not for you, what about grilling your peanut butter and jelly? Warm, gooey peanut butter can’t be beat!
7. Use biscuits or crackers for miniature versions of this sandwich classic. English muffins make for a fun PB&J Snack Pizza that’s easy to travel with.
8. Waffles are a fun and scrumptious alternative to bread for your next PB&J.
9. Make a peanut butter and jelly roll. Flatten a piece of bread and spread jelly on one half and peanut butter on the other. Next, roll the bread like a wrap for an on-the go snack.
10. Add peanut butter to a berry smoothie to satisfy your next PB&J craving. This is a cool and refreshing post-workout treat.
Bonus: Last but not least, don’t forget the milk. While dairy milk is always a great choice to wash down that peanut butter, there are other types of milk you may be interested in trying. Next time you shop, think about picking up soy, almond, coconut, or even cashew milk to accompany your sandwich.
There you have it! 10 easy and tasty twists on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Do you have a twist of your own? Shout it out in the comments below.